Friday, March 30, 2012

Easy & Delicious EATZ

Yesterday I promised I'd share the recipe from my favorite dish we made at EATZ, and here I am to deliver! Did any of you guess what it was?

To know me is to know that I am a hardcore meat-eating, beef-loving carnivore. So does it come as any surprise to know that my favorite thing we made was the Korean BBQ Ribs?!

I mean how happy do I look?!

photo

Actually, let me rephrase that - my favorite thing was the MARINADE for the ribs. So easy, so delicious, so full of flavor - I can already guarantee this is going to be one of my weeknight go-to meals. And you don't need a special kind of meat to make it - this marinade would go perfectly with chicken, shrimp, or even tofu. I can't wait to make it at home!

photo-7

EATZ Korean BBQ Rib Recipe
(makes 2 servings)

1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 clove minced garlic
1/4 onion, minced
1 pound Korean-style short ribs (beef chuck flanken, cut 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick across bones)

Pour soy sauce, water, and vinegar into a bowl. Whisk in brown sugar, sugar, pepper, sesame oil, garlic, and onion until the sugar has dissolved. Submerge the ribs in this marinade, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a couple of hours - the longer, the better.

Remove the ribs from the marinade, shake off excess, and discard the marinade. Place on a grill pan or outdoor grill until the meat is no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes per side.

Sounds easy AND delicious, right? I hope you make it, but more than that, I hope you go see for yourself what the fuss is all about and go take a cooking class! (And then invite me. I WILL come.)

photo-1

And before you go - please enjoy more (slightly blurry) picture of us being chefs :) Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Georgina Si said...

I've always heard such great things about Korean bbq! I definitely want to try this with tofu, thank you for sharing :)

Bonnie said...

You look STOKED to be eating that. The food looks amazing!

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Diana M. said...

YUM!! Thanks for the recipe! Do you have the recipe for the Kung Pao Shrimp you made too? That looked AWESOME!

Britt+Whit said...

ooh looks really yummy! looks like you had fun

love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit